Twenty-one year old Australian pianist Alex Raineri is based both in Brisbane and Melbourne and is currently under the tutelage of Leah Horwtiz OAM and Timothy Young. He recently graduated from the Queensland Conservatorium of Music, Griffith University with a Bachelor of Music (First Class Honours) in Advanced Performance, also receiving a University Medal. In 2014 he commenced a Master of Music Research course, run jointly through the Australian National Academy of Music (Melbourne) and Griffith University (Brisbane).
With a passionate interest in solo keyboard music, chamber works and the concerto repertoire, Alex’s performance experience includes performance tours of California, South-East Asia, Germany and a vast number of engagements in Australia, including several broadcasts on ABC Classic FM, 2MBS Fine Music FM, 3MBS FM and 4MBS Classic FM.
Alex has had a very successful year winning these major awards:
- Australian National Piano Award – Winner
- Kerikeri International Piano Competition Winner
- ANAM Concerto Competition – Winner, concerto performance with Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra
- Joyce Campbell Lloyd Scholarship – Winner
- Theme & Variations Foundation Scholarship – Winner
- Kranichstein Musikpries from the prestigious International Summer Courses for New Music in Darmstadt (Germany)
- Mietta Song Competition – 2nd Pianist Prize & Audience Prize
- Griffith University Postgraduate Research Scholarship